At Peoples Bank, we’re not just looking for the perfect resume; we’re looking for the best candidates to fit our motto. Whether you’re a seasoned financial professional or brand new to banking, we want to provide the support and training you need to bring “Friendly Hometown Banking” to our community. Your next career could be here, with Peoples Bank!
$17-$20/ Hour | Full-Time
Job Summary / Overview
The Universal Banker position is a generalist position that combines the traditional roles of customer service, teller, and product opportunities within Peoples Bank. The Universal Banker is responsible for conducting daily transactions in addition to the product opportunities and servicing of all bank products and services. The Universal Banker provides operational support and exceptional customer service while maintaining essential controls and safeguards.
Duties / Responsibilities
- Cashes checks and disburses funds after verifying signatures and sufficiency of funds to support withdrawals.
- Accepts deposits, confirming accuracy of transaction.
- Prepares, verifies, and issues cashiers’ checks, bank and personal money orders, travelers’ checks, E bonds, and correspondent drafts.
- Enters transactions in the bank’s recordkeeping system, recording all transactions and producing customer receipts.
- Evaluates checks to verify endorsements, dates, identification of persons receiving payments, bank names, and overall legality of the documents.
- Calculates daily transactions using appropriate technology.
- Balances all monies in cash drawers at the end of shifts.
- Accepts and counts inventories of cash, drafts, and travelers’ checks each day.
- Maintains a work area ensuring the safety of all negotiables and confidential records.
- Begin learning the different types of business accounts.
- Interviewing and engaging prospective customers inquiring about opening new accounts, such as savings, CD, and checking accounts.
- Opens accounts, including gathering all appropriate information, and educates account holders on company or bank policies.
- Answer customer questions and resolve issues, assist customers in protecting their accounts by reviewing suspicious activity, reversing transactions, and reissuing compromised bank cards, and begin to look for product opportunities.
- Identify product opportunities, deepen existing relationships, and grow the branch.
- In collaboration with branch management and internal business partners, uncover needs and make referrals to cross-sell products and services such as new accounts, online banking services, and loans.
- Engage in defined product opportunity activities to include uncovering customer needs, offering solutions, closing the business, follow-up, and recording each point of customer contact on a conversation log.
- Participate in team meetings, contribute toward branch goals, and celebrate team successes.
- Orders a cash supply to meet daily needs.
- Prepares monies for deposit/shipment to branch banks or the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Assist with Courier Service processes
- ATM procedures: removes and replenishes money, refills machine supplies like receipt paper, counts cash and items deposited by customer to compare transaction tape from ATM.
- Processes, monitors, balances and validates coin and currency amounts in the vault according to bank standards and regulations.
- The Universal Banker is responsible for understanding and following all federal and regulatory policies and for the compliance of all direct reports.
- The Universal Banker must understand the significant control procedures and compliance policies related to day-to-day duties. All control procedures that this position has responsibility for accomplishing, as well as those for which it has direct oversight, will be accomplished according to policies and procedures.
Deliver an exceptional customer experience every time by:
- Uncovering their financial needs through meaningful discussion and exploration.
- Making educated product and service recommendations based on expert knowledge of same.
- Providing financial solutions that meet the customer’s needs.
- Following up to ensure satisfaction.
- Have a good understanding of the bank’s products and services.
- Able to quickly learn all functionalities and related benefits inherent in the products and services offered by the Bank.
- Demonstrate the ability to build relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Flexible with the willingness and ability to adapt to change.
- Proficient with mobile smartphones and downloading applications. This includes the basics of texting, email and application management.
- Proficient with desktop applications such as MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Proficient using the Internet (mobile and desktop) to search for and locate information.
- Eager to embrace new and emerging technologies.
- Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively, is an active listener, seeks clarification when necessary, writes clearly and concisely, participates in meetings.
- Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views, gives and welcomes feedback, and contributes toward an energetic, positive team environment. Works well with others as a member of a team.
- Problem Solving/Decision Making – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner seeking assistance as necessary, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem-solving situations, uses sound judgment, holds oneself accountable for decisions made.
- Employees will be required to wear Logo Wear from a preselected option of color and style.
- There will be a set allowance for Logo Wear that the bank will purchase for each Universal Banker. A neat, clean appearance with appropriate attire for the job you are doing is required and critical to the impression we make on customers.
Required Skills / Abilities
- Strong Mathematical skills
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of proper cash handling procedures
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Trustworthiness and the ability to act with integrity.
- Thorough understanding of customer service.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Previous experience working directly with the public is preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- May need to stand and/or sit for long periods of time.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
If you would like to be considered for this or other future opportunities, please send your résumé to