To send us your résumé for future opportunities, please email email@example.com
Commercial Credit Analyst
The Commercial Credit Analyst will analyze credit data, financial information, past actions, or other information from individuals or companies applying for commercial loans to help determine the bank’s risk in making commercial loans. Commercial Credit Analysts will prepare reports based upon their findings to assist decision-making on loan approval requests.
- Complete a thorough, in-depth credit analysis of new loan requests, loan change requests, renewals and annual reviews. Recommend risk rating changes when analysis merits.
- Work with commercial loan officers, credit management and processors to identify and collect documents needed for timely analysis, reviews and approvals on loans.
- Evaluate, in Excel, clients’ credit data, financial statements, management accounts and cash flow statements in order to determine the degree of risk involved in loans to them.
- Coordinate appraisal bids for commercial loans, communicate bids to lender to determine best options to support policy, coordinate appraisal review with third party vendor
- Prepare spreadsheets, reports, summaries and opinions for lenders on new, renewal and existing loans about the degree of risk in lending money to clients
- Submit the credit analysis and loan request summaries to the Loan Committee, Board of Directors or Loan Officers for their approval; prepare loan committee agenda and packets
- Complete approval forms for appropriate signatures
- Work closely with commercial loan processor to help prepare for loan closings
- Monitor and track Watch List on a monthly basis
- Prepare construction draw worksheets, detail individual draws and track construction budget, ensure invoices match completed work.
- Review commercial files to ensure collateral is correctly secured and matches approval
- Ensure that all credit files are complete, identify any documentation deficiencies, and report to loan officer and credit management as needed for timely resolution.
- Confer with clients to verify their financial/credit transactions and to resolve their complaints
- Review borrowing base for all necessary customers
- Maintain a good working knowledge of the Bank’s lending policies and procedures and identify exceptions to policy.
- Become knowledgeable in SBA requirements/documentation; complete all SBA packets to be submitted for approval.
- Ensure that all approved applications comply with bank criteria.
- The Commercial Credit Analyst is responsible for understanding and following all federal and regulatory policies and for the compliance of all direct reports.
- The Commercial Credit Analyst must understand the significant control procedures and compliance policies related to day-to-day duties. All control procedures that this position has responsibility for accomplishing, as well as those for which it has direct oversight, will be accomplished according to policies and procedures
- Proficiency with financial reports and statements
- Proficiency with computers and computer software such as Microsoft Word and Excel and programs that aid in statistical and financial calculations
- Strong Analytical, problem-solving and mathematical Skills
- Strong Research skills
- Possess an investigative mindset
- Excellent Written and Verbal communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or other business related area REQUIRED
- 3-5 Years of Financial Credit Analysis, accounts or finance experience REQUIRED
- Able to lift and move up to 25lbs
If you would like to send your résumé please email